Monday 30 April 2012

American Cricket

Wow! I didn't know there was an American Cricket Association. And I'm American! HAHA. Living in England now though. Enjoying the sport and of course supporting Stuart Broad.

Finding out about American cricket is pretty cool. I'll have to check out the local team the next time I visit friends and family in Utah! Apparently Salt Lake has a cricket club. I'm intrigued to see if they play by the same rules, because I know soccer in America is a little different from football in the rest of the world.

The first difference I noticed about football in England was that players don't wait to tag each other when going off field to be replaced. During my last trip to America we attended a soccer game. It was years ago and David Beckham was on the visiting team. The crowd environment was so different. Firstly, there was hardly anyone there! Soccer isn't very big in the USA. But the fans who were there were so vibrant. What spirit! I prefer watching soccer in America than here in England, to be honest. There's cheers, rather than chants over there, and there aren't any football hooligans.

Anyway, this is a blog about cricket, so what am I doing banging on about football? Sorry, I guess I just love all sports too much. Especially American football and basketball! Teehee.

So yeah, the Provo cricket plays in Rock Canyon. I used to picnic and hike there all the time. Amazing landscape. Well, that settles it. I'll definitely be checking out some Provo and Salt Lake cricket next time I'm in the good 'ol US of A! :)



[Editorial update 11:15]

OMG I just found the Layton City Bashers website! HAHA! I love it! I graduated from Layton High ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment